Saturday, August 1, 2015

Never EQ In Solo

So today I want to talk to you about why you should never EQ in solo I know someone who EQ all of his tracks in solo like he soloed one track EQ it and then solo the next track and EQ it that is one of the worst things you can do and let me tell you why the reason why is because if you EQ in solo you could be covering up other instruments like you could be covering up vocals that you want to stand out and sit ontop of your mix you could be covering up a acoustic guitar or a electric guitar there's so many things that you could be covering up and then when you play it back your whole song will sound so muffled and off so that one reason why you should not EQ in solo 
Another reason why is because you have to hear the other instrument to see where there going to fit into the mix like you could move this one EQ band and then you decide hey that sounds good there I like that it really helps my vocal pop through the mix better but if you do this in solo then like I said before man I just sent that vocal track so fare back behind the mix I can't even hear it so remember please don't do your EQ in solo I mean it might make one instrument track sound good but if your recording a whole song with like piano guitar drums bass vocals and all that stuff then you need to have it all in playing when you EQ it will help your mix a lot better trust me 

2 comments:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Pro tools vocal template

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Jonny Cronin

    ReplyDelete